The celebrations for the traditional Day of the Dead are just around the corner, remedy for which the municipality of San Pedro Tlaquepaque in coordination with the Organizing Committee is preparing the celebration of the 6th Festival of the Dead “Living Tradition” which will take place from October 29 to November 2 through the main streets of the town.
They are about 100 cultural events from pre-Hispanic to contemporary with reference to death which will take place during this period in different settings, cure all with the same purpose, to rescue and preserve this ancient Mexican tradition.
With important offices and landmark buildings the municipality of San Pedro Tlaquepaque it is ready to house and provide services to both domestic and international visitors. El Refugio Cultural Center, the pedestrian Independence St., Hidalgo Garden, the exterior of City Hall and Plaza Forum Tlaquepaque, are some of the venues that will deck the holidays.
This Festival will be remembered as “Living Tradition” emerged as an agreement between the Municipal Government of San Pedro Tlaquepaque, private sector and civil society seeking to promote culture and Mexican traditions. Celebrate the dead and it is a tradition in this pottery town.
Within actvidades that are scheduled highlights like:
- The Opennig Parade ,Oct.29th at 19hrs going on Hidalgo St.
- Children Catrinas Exhibition, Oct.30th from 11-13hrs catrina-ninoon Hidalgo Garden (Tlaquepaque´s main Plaza)
- Catrinas Parade, Nov. 1st at 19:30 hrs going on the San Pedro Patio at the Cultural Centre El Refugio
- Catrinas Brides Procession, Nov. 2nd at 18hrs on Plazoleta del Arte.
- Altar Exhibition during the festival on the main streets of town like Juarez, Independencia, Prisciliano Sanchez, Guillermo Prieto, Boulevard Marcelino Garcia Barragan,Plaza de la Comunicación and of course at The Cultural Centre El Refugio.
With this Mexican celebration will pay tribute to death, in addition to teaching children to live with it and do not fear, enjoying their customs and traditions and this Celebration will bring the Town a national and international tourism promotion, as well as significant economic benefit.
“Tlaquepaque is and should be, as it was in previous decades, the place forced to visit for those who come for one reason or another to the metropolitan area of Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque is a benchmark “.
By Hotel Casa de las Flores B&B
Casa de las Flores
Santos Degollado # 175
Mexico C.P. 45500
from the U.S.A.
toll free 1 – 888- 582-4896
The time in Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque iS
(Mexico’s Central Time Zone)
but outside Guadalajara
from the Guadalajara area
(including the airport)